I’m kind of obsessed with quiche, which is crazy to say because I used to hate eggs. Thankfully that changed a few years ago! Pretty much any time we have a guest staying with us or if I have to take food to a breakfast event, I make a quiche–it’s easy to make, so flavorful, travels well, reheats well, and an overall crowd-pleaser. The base of this quiche (eggs, half & half, & spices) can really be used with any other filling ingredients–you could add bacon, sundried tomatoes, other veggies…you can do whatever you likkkkkeeee (insert T.I. singing). Okay, I’m up too late writing this post and am delirious–on to the recipe!
Also, lol’d at a meme I saw recently (that I, of course, can’t find right now, ugh!) about how a blogger could admit to murdering someone in their recipe post but I would totally miss it because I scroll past all of the nonsense to get right to the recipe…I am so guilty of this! ha! That’s why I try to keep the intros to my recipes short and sweet :).
1 Pie Crust*
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 6 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach (or 4 cups)
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cup half & half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar (I always do block cheese and freshly shred it! #fancy)
*there are some foods that are so much better homemade. But, in my opinion, Pillsbury does a great job with their pie crusts so there is no need to reinvent the wheel here!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray quiche pan (I use a 10.5 inch) with cooking spray
- Gently spread out pie crust onto pan
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion and spinach until onion is translucent and spinach has softened completely (you may have to cook spinach in batches depending on the size of your skillet. It will seem like a lot of spinach but trust me, it shrinks when you cook it!)
- Set spinach/onion mixture aside to let cool, slightly
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
- Mix in cheese and then add in spinach/egg mixture
- Pour over pie crust and bake for 45-50 minutes