Hi there! I’m sorry I’ve been so MIA on the blog lately! If you’ve been missing me, make sure to follow along on Instagram (@beccaayre)—I share far too much about my life there!
I have been baking and cooking up a storm lately—fall does it to me! These cookies, however, I make year around. I’m not kidding when I say the following statements: these are the easiest to make….this is my most asked for recipe….these are ADDICTING. And, lastly, it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t give a shout out to my sister because she introduced me to this recipe. She, like my mom, doesn’t like the cook or bake so I sometimes forget this is her recipe because I’ve claimed as my own :).
Cake Batter cookies
Yields – 24 cookies
1 box Duncan Hines Marble Cake Mix (yellow cake mix with chocolate powder packet)*
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon water
1 cup chocolate chips
*If you can’t find the marble cake mix at the store: use yellow cake mix and for the chocolate packet, you can mix together a few tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder with water.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix yellow cake mix, 1/3 cup oil, 3 tablespoons water, & 1 egg together (don’t over mix—you’ll have a few clumps!)
- Fold in chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl, mix together chocolate packet (from cake mix box) & 1 tablespoon water
Put it all together—
- Remove 1/3 of the cake batter mixture and mix it into the chocolate mixture
- Once combined, add it back to the cake batter (2/3 that are left) and swirl (don’t over mix!)
- Place on pan (I used a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop) and bake for 8-9 minutes. They may look underdone but let them cool and they will harden up!