Hi! I had all intentions of getting this post up before Labor Day but I had the most unproductive week leading up because of my new nephew’s birth (so worth it!) so here we go…posting summer cocktail recipes in September (which seems so against everything I believe). I’m all for seasonally appropriate drinks (which is why I’ve started drinking so much more red wine lately) but these two recipes are so good that I’ll make all throughout the year!
This cocktail was inspired by Vanderpump Rules–if you don’t know by now, my obsession with Real Housewives is real, especially RHOBH. Ariana made it on her instagram one day and so I clearly had to try to make. And let me tell you, this one is SO good–light, fresh, and the perfect amount of sweetness.
Serving size – 1 drink
1 shot vodka (I used titos :))
1/2 of a lemon
3-4 basil leaves
Dash of simple syrup (I used this one that my SIL had on hand. If making your own, bring equal parts sugar & water to a boil and remove from heat and let cool.)
Rosé Sangria (lolea is the brand I used which I found at World Market)
- In a shaker, muddle vodka, lemon, & basil well
- Add in a dash of simple syrup and ice and shake well
- Pour into a cocktail glass and top with sangria
Ever since I went to Hampton Social in Chicago in June, I have been wanting to re-create. I’ve tried a few recipes but they just weren’t right but this one is pretty darn good!
adapted from Camille Styles
Serving Size – 8 drinks
1 bottle rosé (I used apothic rosé)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup halved strawberries
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (plus more for garnish, if desired)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Pour rosé into an 8×8 cake pan and place in freezer for 8+ hours (it won’t completely harden up but will turn slushy)
- INFUSED SIMPLE SYRUP – Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once sugar is dissolved, removed from heat and let cool. Add strawberries and mint leaves to sugar water mixture and let sit for at least 1 hour to infuse (I let mine sit out for 3 hours). Strain strawberry/mint from syrup and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a blender, combine frozen rosé (scraped out of cake pan), lime juice, 3/4 cup of the simple syrup, & ice. Blend until smooth but still slushy.
- Top drink with mint and enjoy immeditaley (or place in freezer if drinking later!)