I joke that I should just start a funfetti only blog because as of late, that’s all I seem to post about! Well, if you don’t know already, funfetti is my favorite! And because it was Nick’s birthday on Sunday, I decided to make these for me…oh, wait, I mean him :). I’ve made these a few times before and every time I eat them you can normally hear me saying, “oh my gosh…oh my gosh….these are sooooo good”….they are better than any pancake I have ever had and I honestly prefer these to any funfetti cake I’ve had (which is a BIG statement). Make these this weekend–or tonight for dinner!!!
Adapted from Tastes of Lizzy T
Serving size – 8 – 10 pancakes
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 box funfetti cake mix (I always use Pillsbury!)
1/6 cup canola oil
1 & 1/6 cups milk
1/3 cup sprinkles
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cake mix)
- Whisk together wet ingredients (oil, eggs, & milk)
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until mostly combined (make sure to not over mix! a few clumps of flour is fine)
- Gently fold in sprinkles to combine
- Spray skillet pan with cooking spray and cook over low to medium heat. I used a 1/2 measuring cup to pour the batter into the pan. Be sure to not cook over high heat or you will burn them! They need to cook a few minutes per side. Be sure not to pat down or you will lose the fluffiness!
- Cream butter and slowly add in powdered sugar, milk, & vanilla
Pour frosting over stack of pancakes and top with some more sprinkles! OMG SO GOOD!