Temps are dropping, the grocery store has white pumpkins, and I watched You’ve Got Mail last weekend….yep, it’s FALL! I’m so ready for comfort food, Fall TV shows, pumpkin activities, fire pits, and red wine. I make a to do list before the major seasons so I make sure I fit everything in–Summer, Fall, & Christmas (yes, Christmas is a season for me :)).
Here’s what’s on the docket for this Fall (in no particular order):
- Make apple crisp – this is my go-to recipe but I am looking to perfect a crock pot one!
- Host Friendsgiving – literally one of my favorite days of the entire day! I LOVE hosting this occasion–food, friends, drinks, and all around good time! I’m already researching tablescapes. I had a black and white gingham theme with copper accents last year but I really want to repeat again this year because I loved it so much! Unfortunately I wasn’t blogging this time last year, but I do have a post from my 2015 Friendsgiving:
- Wine & cheese party – I’ve had this idea for a few years now–have a party where everyone brings their favorite wine and cheese pairing. Not only would it be super fun, you also get to try a bunch of new wines!
- Host a movie night – I’m loving the idea of having a bunch of girlfriends over, popping popcorn, wearing pajamas, and watching a good chick flick!
- Walk to the movies – Nick and I live fairly close to a movie theater, and I think it would be super fun to walk on a cool, fall night to the movies!
- Pumpkin Patch – this is one of my favorite traditions–my family always goes to Schaakes Pumpkin Patch and buys a crazy amount of pumpkins.
- Louisburg Cider Mill – Kind of crazy that I’ve never been here, but hoping to fit in a visit here in the next few months!
- Expressing Gratitude – Okay, this may sound silly, but Nick and I have been saying 3 things we are grateful for each night. It can be as small as. “I’m grateful I had a good workout” (ahem, Nick). I love hearing Nick’s things he comes up with. And, it really can change a bad attitude when you verbally express things from your day that went well or that you appreciated. It also gives Nick and I another opportunity to connect, which I love!
- Fire pit – Nick’s next (and hopefully in the near future) project is to finish the firepit area in our back yard! I can’t wait!
- Bake – my goal is to bake something new once a week–I have a feeling that won’t be too hard considering how much my sweet tooth is in full effect!
- Shows – We have a long list of shows we need to watch (in addition to our fall shows coming back–This Is Us, Blind Spot, etc.). We just finished season 2 of Ozark and I’m thinking next up is going to be the Handmaid’s Tale. We started Sharp Objects but it didn’t stick–everyone says to keep going so we’ll see! I watch shows while I’m cooking, so once I’m done with Dawson’s Creek, I’m going to start the Marvelous Mrs. Mazel.
- Halloween movies – top favorites: Hocus Pocus & Double Double Toil and Trouble.
- Decorate – I’m hoping I can squeeze in some time to decorate this weekend! I have so much inspo going on for my front porch, we’ll see if I can re-create!
Sounds like a lot of eating and tv?! of course! Happy Fall!