So, funfetti is my thing. Not like one of those things that I started to like a few years ago when it got super popular. Like a love that started years ago when I asked (at like age 8) if I could have funfetti cake at my wedding. And for your information, I had the most amazing pink confetti cake at our wedding a few years ago. I got our cake lady to make us another one for our 1 year anniversay–come to think of it, I need to email her about a 2 year cake (might as well make it a tradition, right?!) for next month! Anyway, I love funfetti cake, cupcakes, ice cream, pancakes, etc. and my new found love of rice krispies treats has now brought me to this recipe.
It’s Friday and nothing screams the weekend more than sprinkles (well, and a cocktail). AND, it’s my mom’s birthday this weekend so what the hey! Let’s celebrate!
A few tips that always make making these so much easier:
*Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper before pouring in your rice krispies mixture
*To flatten out your rice krispies into a flat mixture, cut a piece of parchment paper and put over your hand to manually flatten out to the shape desired
*Refrigerate for 15 minutes before cutting into pieces so you don’t have a sticky mess!
Cake Batter Rice Krispies
4 tablespoons butter
16 oz. marshmallows (I used the jet puffed)
6 cups rice krispies cereal
2/3 heaping cup dry cake mix (I used funfetti!)
1/3 cup sprinkles
- Line 9×13 pan with parchment paper
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat
- Once butter is melted, add in marshmallows and cook until melted (keep stirring so it doesn’t burn!)
- Remove from heat and cake mix and then rice krispies cereal
- Once cooled a little, add in most of sprinkles
- Pour into pan and press down into a flat mixture (use parchment paper on your hands to push down!). Top with some more sprinkles!
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before slicing into bars