“It’s not about the pastaaaaaa.” Okay, no really, it is about the pasta. I’ve clearly been watching too much Vanderpump Rules. But honestly, I can’t get that line out of my head. The fact that Andy Cohen has asked multiple members of the cast if pasta was a code word for something else like drugs. That literally never crossed my mind. Being the little pig that I am, I would never question someone getting that worked up over eating their pasta. I would have, too!
Anyway, this pasta is really good. I liked it because it was super easy to put together–like 20 minutes or less, and it had a ton of flavor.
Bacon & Pea Pasta
Serves – 4 to 6
1 box whole wheat pasta shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 package bacon, cut into bite size pieces
2 cups frozen peas
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1.5 cups pasta water
1 lemon, juiced
¾ cup parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package, drain (but remember to reserve 1.5 cups of pasta water), & set aside
- Heat olive oil & butter in large saucepan and add cut up bacon. Cook until golden and crisp. While cooking bacon, season with pepper.
- Once bacon is cooked, add in frozen peas and sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Add heavy cream to skillet and mix until combined
- Add pasta and lemon juice to skillet and mix
- Add parmesan cheese and generously season with salt and pepper
- At this point, add in as much pasta water as necessary to smooth out sauce (I added all 1.5 cups)