It’s officially my favorite time of the year!!! Multiple radio stations are playing Christmas music so obviously that’s a sign that it’s time to start checking off all of my holiday to dos. Here goes my list–
- Send out holiday cards – loving this one and this one. I’m patiently waiting to get our engagement pics so I can pick out which card to use!
- Ice skating @ Crown Center – Nick and I started a tradition a few years ago where we would go ice skating and then to a nice dinner right before Christmas. I love this tradition because it always gets me in the holiday spirit. We always take silly videos of each other skating. In my mind I think I look like Kristi Yamaguchi but after watching, I now realize it’s more like Fat Amy. :0
- Hot chocolate outting – grabbing a warm drink and listening to some Christmas music is one of the best things to do during this season. My favorites spots are the Roasterie and Java Break.
- Shopping – whether that be for an adopted family or for a friend or family member, going out and buying gifts for others always makes me so happy. My sister, mom, and I always brave the mall right before Christmas and although a fight almost always ensues (in Nordstrom normally), it’s always a memorable time.
- Light Tour – excited to see the Plaza lights this year along with all of the neighborhoods with large light displays and even larger homes.
- Decorate – it will be my first year having a tree to decorate and I could not be more pumped. I’ve lived in a tiny apartment for the past three years so this is my first time actually having space for one. I don’t think Nick or the dogs for that matter are ready for the madness that is about to occur with these Christmas decorations.
- Watch Christmas movies – this list could go on forever but here are a few of my favorites: Home Alone, Elf, Serendipity, the Holiday, Love Actually, Four Christmases, It’s A Wonderful Life.
In addition to getting everything on this list above, Nick and I are going to New York in a short few weeks. I don’t think anything beats New York during Christmas time. I wait to take in everything that city has to offer!
What all are you guys doing this holiday season?! I love to hear other people’s traditions.